2004 Mar 22 16:16

Re: [vox-tech] PDF editor?

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:12:03PM -0800, Norm Matloff wrote:

> Does anyone know of an open-source editor for PDF files? All I want
> to do at present is insert Web links into a PDF file.
>
> Norm Matloff

I've used a program called Scribus (http://www.scribus.net/) to overlay text onto PDF files.

The general idea is to import the PDF as a picture in to Scribus, place text on top of the picture, then export back out to PDF. This works well for single pages, but might be tedious for large docs.

Charles