2004 Mar 22 01:30

Re: [vox-tech] Carrying telephone signal over ethernet

Re: [vox-tech] Carrying telephone signal over ethernet

At 1:44 PM -0800 3/18/04, Mark K. Kim wrote:
So my dad's workroom has no phone line, believe it or not.  I do have a
phone line in my room, though, and we got a ethernet line between our two
rooms.  Since 10baseT uses only 4 of the 8 lines on the cat5 cable I'd
like to use the unused lines to carry the voice signal.  I know cat5 was
designed to do this (middle two lines are open), and I've done it before
with custom adapters (messy), but I can't find any splitter online that
does this.  Anyone know where I can get a pair?  What's it called?

Something like this?

http://www.deering.ie/coolport.htm