2004 Mar 18 14:41

Re: [vox-tech] PDF editor?

Thank you

Jonathan Stickel wrote:
Richard J. Mancusi wrote:

Jonathan Stickel wrote:

<snip>

If it's just a single page, you can convert the pdf to ps (use pdftops, _not_ pdf2ps), import it into xfig, write on top of it, and export back to pdf.

<snip>

Jonathan

Thank you for teaching me the difference between pdftops and pdf2ps.
Step #2 is import into xfig.  I see an export but not an import in
xfig.  How do I import? (v3.2 patchlevel 3d)

Click on the "picture object" tool (the one with the camera) and draw an arbitrary rectangle on your diagram, about where you want the graphic. A menu will appear through which you can browse for your graphic file. Before choosing done, click on "use original size". This will prevent your graphic from getting warped. Also note: imported ps will look ugly in xfig, but it will export back to the original quality.

Jonathan