2004 Mar 18 13:45

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #1089 - 3 msgs

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #1089 - 3 msgs

Concerning my query on "editing" PDF:

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the source.  The original source
was mine, in LaTeX.  The journal I submitted it to wanted Word ;-) so I
ran the source through latex2rtf (or something like that), and sent them
the RTF file.  They then made extensive changes, interacting with me,
but without my having to edit their new Word source versions.

I'm sure the journal would send me back their final Word document.  But
I do not own a copy of Word, and Open Office was not working very well
on their intermediate file.  Moreover, they may be relying on loading
special macros etc.  It's just not worth my time to mess with it.

By "editing" I meant only rather high-level things, not changing text.
I realize the latter is pretty much out of the question, given that PDF
and PS are in page-layout forms, but all I wanted to do was, as I said,
insert some Web hyperlinks.  To my knowledge, this is what Adobe Acrobat
can do.

So, what I was really asking boils down to asking, is there an
open-source program similar to Acrobat? :-)

Norm