2004 Mar 07 19:24

Re: [vox-tech] UPS and auto battery

On Sunday, Mar 7, 2004, at 16:37 US/Pacific, Rod Roark wrote:
Um, never mind.  12 amps at 115 volts is not 12 amps at 12
volts....
Also keep in mind that the guy who wrote the article is in Australia, and so it's 220 volts, not 115 (though the battery is still a nice 12 volts.). Also keep in mind that the monitor load is highly reactive, so it's not like a nice resistive load... it's not simply watts = volts * amps. (Well.. you can think of it that way, but there's an imaginary component.)

-- Mitch