2004 Mar 07 12:38

Re: [vox-tech] UPS and auto battery

Thanks Ted, that's really good info.  It sounds like my old
cheapie APC is not a good foundation for a better UPS.

Actually I'm more interested in handling extended outages
than in instant failover.  I use Reiserfs for just about
everything here and it has been reliable so far in not
trashing things when power fails.  Maybe I'll just go for
the inverter, a deep cycle battery and a moderately cheap
charger, and keep them on hand but not actually running the
computer all the time.

BTW do you know anything about gasoline-powered generators?
That may be a more comprehensive solution.

Thanks again,

-- Rod