2004 Mar 07 19:24

Re: [vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

On Sun 07 Mar 04, 12:44 AM, Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com> said:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:19:40PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> BTW: checkout the "latex-beamer" package which is in unstable only...
> The example slides are beautiful!  The userguide also explains a lot of
> useful things about rules for preparing talks.

i'll definitely check it out.  i've been using latex for my slides when
i teach my physics classes.

> Samples at:
>
> http://simons-clan.com/~msimons/tt/
>
> (ps: if using the dvi you'll need to say xdvi -paper usr s.dvi)
>
> At the end of the first page you will see the \hline from the second table...
> I would like that to not appear on the first page.
>
> At the end of the second page it chops a table in half (which I'd like
> to avoid)... I've tried putting optional \pagebreak[3] but they are
> ignored... I've also tried non-splitting row completes \\*, which
> don't seem to help... I also tried adding comments to the end of every
> line (for some reason I remember that as some gotcha from long time ago).
>
> If anyone has ideas how to fix, hints would be wonderful...

i thought bill had this problem awhile ago.  our archives stink, so you
might just want to ask him.

if you want to force a page break, which might prevent the bad pagebreak
in the middle of the table, you can use:

\pagebreak

which i think is equivalent to \pagebreak[4] (but don't quote me on
that).

pete