January 6: Social gathering
2004 Mar 05 18:04

Re: [vox-tech] mutt ssl certificate problem

Re: [vox-tech] mutt ssl certificate problem

--On Friday, March 05, 2004 15:52:17 -0800 Bryan Richter <btrichter@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

---
set spoolfile="{chreekat@purple.ucdavis.edu}inbox"
set certificate_file="~/.mutt/cert"
---

If I remove the cert file and run mutt, it pops a message about UC
Davis' certificate and asks if I want to accept it. I say "accept
always" and it apparently does so, saving the cert to the file. However,
if I quit and re-run mutt, it asks for the cert _again_. If I tell it to
"accept always" again, it tells me "Warning: Certificate couldn't be
saved". It accepts the cert, though, and mutt behaves normally after
that.
My next step would probably be to repeat the process while strace'ing mutt, to see if whether any filesystem operations are failing.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338