2004 Mar 05 20:41

[vox-tech] Virtual Consoles

I posted here recently with a question about virtual consoles where
the gettys didn't restart immediately after logout. I did some
debugging today and found that this was a bug in debian's default
getty in the util-linux package.

(a) There's a bug (I forget which one) against util-linux that
contains a patch.

(b) I solved the problem on my system by switching to fbgetty instead
of the standard getty.

Just so you'd all know what the resolution was.