January 6: Social gathering
2004 Mar 05 20:41

Re: [vox-tech] debian kernel security updates

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 11:18:16PM -0800, Charles McLaughlin wrote:

> If you run Debian Woody or maybe even Testing and have your
> sources.list setup for security updates, does "apt-get dist-upgrade"
> update to the most recent stable kernel-image?

It won't change the kernel version on you, but it will upgrade to the
latest debian version of that particular image.

For instance, If you've installed kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686_2.4.18-11,
that will be upgraded to kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686_2.4.18-12.2.

Try a dry run with "apt-get -s dist-upgrade" to see for yourself what
will happen.

-David