2004 Mar 04 23:11

Re: [vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 01:46:57PM -0500, Mike Simons wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to:
>   generate good looking Tables,
>   from a Text file source,
>   which allows easy Colorization of rows, columns, or single elements
>   that outputs a common image format (PNG) or PDF.

One idea is to use plain HTML tables with 'bgcolor' tags for
certain rows and/or columns.

For example:

    <th rowspan=2>Run ID</th>
    <th colspan=2>Before</th>  <!-- cells spanning two columns ... -->
    <th colspan=2>After</th>
    <th>Megs</th>
    <th>Time</th>
    <th>Megs</th>
    <th>Time</th>

and then your rows of data:

...etc.

I agree, though, that LaTeX is probably the way to go.

But HTML might work in a pinch...