2004 Mar 04 23:11

[vox-tech] Enabling UTF-8 under xmms

I can't get xmms to display in UTF-8 under Debian unstable.

I encoded ogg files off of some of my CDs using `grip`.  I enabled all
options I could find relating to UTF-8 and multibyte encoding when I
encoded them, and `ogginfo` displays the ogg file data correctly on my
UTF-8 terminal (gnome-terminal with UTF-8 charset) so the ogg encoding
appears to have been done properly.

To get xmms to display in UTF-8, I tried setting and exporting various
LC_CTYPE and LANG environment variables (tried en_US.UTF-8, ko_KR.UTF-8,
ko_KR.EUC-KR, en_US.EUC-KR, none, en_US.ISOwhatever-1, ...)  before
running xmms to no avail.  What can I do?  Any ideas?  (I'm trying to
display Korean, and the fonts are installed and xmms is capable of
displaying the fonts, as I can get random junk Korean to display on xmms
with various tweaking.)

XMMS version: XMMS 1.2.9

Are there other nice graphical UTF-8 enabled ogg players I should try?

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius