2004 Mar 04 12:27

Re: [vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:46:13AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Thu 04 Mar 04,  1:46 PM, Mike Simons <msimons@moria.simons-clan.com> said:
> > I'm looking for a way to:
> >   generate good looking Tables,
> >   from a Text file source,
> >   which allows easy Colorization of rows, columns, or single elements
> >   that outputs a common image format (PNG) or PDF.
>
> do you know latex?  i produce nice slides with latex, and you can do it
> in color.

I don't know it  and never did.
Learned, used, and forgot _bits_ of latex a few times already.

So it shouldn't be impossible to pickup before Monday.

> it has no "import" routine, but vim and perl is usually all i need.

I'm beginning to understand that it would be best to pickup enough latex to
generate the tables I'm after.

There are some excellent intro documents on latex at:
  http://www.tug.org/tutorials/tugindia/

So my mystery is how to align of columns based on decimal point...
without lame tricks like "[r.l] ... 123 & 12" to create "123.12"
(create two columns one right justified, a '.', and one left justified)