2004 Mar 06 20:01

[vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

[vox-tech] How to Generate Colorized Table Slides for Presentation?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to:
  generate good looking Tables,
  from a Text file source,
  which allows easy Colorization of rows, columns, or single elements
  that outputs a common image format (PNG) or PDF.

For example pretend I have a bunch of tables that look like this:

Run |    Before   |    After    |
ID  |  Megs  Time |  Megs  Time |
=================================
123 |  4.56 63.20 |  0.52 12.45 |
124 |  4.23 62.10 |  0.53 12.70 |
125 |  4.34 66.40 |  0.51 12.80 |

Portions of these tables need to be highlighted in different ways
with legends added (to describe what each thing means)... to put
on a webpage or in a slide show.

I can handle converting the tables to Foo delimited elements, but
I'm not able to re-enter all of this junk into some program that
can't import text.

I would also like to waste as little time as possible for a "colorize
this column" operation.

Any suggestions?

I've looked into magic point, which appears to be able to embed the
some image, but appears to have no support for tables natively.

kpresenter and openoffice are on the list to try...