2004 Mar 03 13:33

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

I just looked and found that I have suid set on smbumount (but not on smbmount). That might solve your unmount problem.

Sounds like your write problem is on the windows side.

Jonathan

dylan wrote:
Yikes.... i just tried it this way, and i was almost not able to unount the
windows share! smbumount was refusing to unmount the share... the only way
that worked was to beceome root, and umount the sharepoint... perhaps i was
misunderstanding the documentation... weird..

i still wasn't able to write to the filesystem...

i think that i will try to log into this machine from a pc on site, and see
what happens

thanks for the ideas!!

dylan

on 04.3.3 8:22 AM, Jonathan Stickel at jjstickel@sbcglobal.net was reported
to have writen:

I'm able to read and write to my department's windows (2000, I think)
shared folders by first mounting like this:

$smbmount //server/share ~/mnt/share/ -o workgroup=WGRP username=user_name

After entering my password when prompted, I can read and write to the
share through the mountpoint.  Have you tried this?

I have my own question:  when I try to include my windows password in
the command line above (e.g. password=pass_word), I still get prompted
for it.  Why is this?

Jonathan

dylan wrote:

Hi--

I setup a user, sharepoint, and permissions today on a windows 2K server. I
am able to connect to the machine, and interact with the directory structure
in some ways. (i.e. i can manually navigate to my directory). However, when
i try to upload a file into my folder like this:

dylan@mvs:~$ smbclient //server_name/share_name$ -U user_name%password -D
base_folder -c "put temp.txt"

Domain=[UR] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \mvs_backup\temp.txt

...it seems like there is some kind of permission error... Does anyone know
what might be causing this? as far as i know, i have the appropriate
permissions to read and write into this folder.

thanks in advance!

Dylan