2004 Mar 03 13:33

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

Re: [vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

I'm able to read and write to my department's windows (2000, I think) shared folders by first mounting like this:

$smbmount //server/share ~/mnt/share/ -o workgroup=WGRP username=user_name

After entering my password when prompted, I can read and write to the share through the mountpoint. Have you tried this?

I have my own question: when I try to include my windows password in the command line above (e.g. password=pass_word), I still get prompted for it. Why is this?

Jonathan

dylan wrote:
Hi--

I setup a user, sharepoint, and permissions today on a windows 2K server. I
am able to connect to the machine, and interact with the directory structure
in some ways. (i.e. i can manually navigate to my directory). However, when
i try to upload a file into my folder like this:

dylan@mvs:~$ smbclient //server_name/share_name$ -U user_name%password -D
base_folder -c "put temp.txt"

Domain=[UR] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \mvs_backup\temp.txt

...it seems like there is some kind of permission error... Does anyone know
what might be causing this? as far as i know, i have the appropriate
permissions to read and write into this folder.

thanks in advance!

Dylan