2004 Mar 04 14:44

Re: [vox-tech] latex sty

On Tue 02 Mar 04,  6:44 PM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@sbcglobal.net> said:
> I'm submitting a latex document to a journal, and I'm not supposed to
> include any files other than my latex file and my eps figures.

have you written to them and said something like:

   "is it OK to also send in a .sty file to conform to your bibliography
   format?  and if i can't, please tell me how to conform to your format"

before giving up on that, you should definitely ask...

> However,
> I need to use a personalized sty file for proper in text referencing
> (see this earlier thread:
>  Is there any way to include that information in my latex file?  I
> tried just pasting it in at the top of my document, but I get errors.
> Clearly, there is syntax for sty files that is not permitted in latex.

it's possible, but not that i know of.  my own pete_macros.sty is just a
bunch of macros i've written and placed in $TEXINPUTS so \usepackage can
find it.

are you sure you pasted it after \documentclass but before
\begin{document}?

pete