2004 Mar 02 13:06

Re: [vox-tech] speech synthesis of a browser's window

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:21:36AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> has anybody here used this plugin?

Yes, I've used Konq's speech plugin in the past.  Not sure the absolute
latest has support for this, though.

You might consider using Lynx or Links to do this, as well.  Just have it
dump the rendered HTML as plaintext and then play it with Festival.
(I think Konq's speech stuff was just a front-end to Festival, anyway).

Good luck!