2004 Feb 11 21:11

Re: [vox-tech] web access of openoffice documents

På onsdag, 11 februari 2004, skrev Bill Kendrick:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:58:38PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > i'm teaching a few classes and keep my scores/averages in gnumeric
> > spreadsheet (which i can convert to openoffice of course).  i want to
> > have some kind of site where my students can log in using their SSN and
> > perhaps a password and be able to look at how they're doing.
>
> OpenOffice.org 1.1 has PDF export capabilities.  Maybe that'll work...?
>

> > i'd rather not spend multi-hours doing that, so if there's an easy
> > solution, that's great.  if not, i can live without it.
> >
> > i'd also rather keep my stuff in spreadsheet format, not in a db.
> >
> > is it possible to read and parse openoffice files easily for web pages?

I have not tried this personally, but I saw it on freshmeat and it looks like
just what you want:

"Staroffice/Openoffice to HTML Converter"
http://hoopajoo.net/projects/soffice2html.html

--
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key: