January 6: Social gathering
2004 Feb 13 13:05

[vox-tech] Viruses coming from UC Davis.....

[vox-tech] Viruses coming from UC Davis.....

I've been getting email viruses coming from a machine on the UC Davis network. (The return addresses are faked, but the received header exposes the IP of the underlying machine.)

The IP is 169.237.101.73, which doesn't have a reverse DNS binding, but belongs to the UCD netblock.

I figure since my only connection to UCDavis is through the vox-* lists.. somebody here might be infected. Everybody check their 'doze boxes.

-- Mitch Patenaude