2004 Feb 03 09:57

USB and serial (was Re: [vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue)

USB and serial (was Re: [vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue)

Unfortunately, the box on mine proudly proclaims that my model is USB
only.  And there is indeed no serial port on the back.

When Jennifer first found it on Belkin's website, I examined it and saw
that the copy said it was compatible with Linux.  And, indeed, there is
a Linux version of the software on the CD that came with the UPS.
However, when I looked at the product description again on Belkin's
website, I couldn't find anything saying it was Linux friendly.  I feel
like I've been had.

Assuming the software wants to talk to a serial port, and the device
only has a USB port, is there a way to make them talk to each other?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford