2004 Feb 03 06:24

Re: [vox-tech] lbncurses.so.4 issue

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:53:47PM -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> Thanks, Pete and Ken.  That helped a lot!
>
> Of course, there are new issues now.  Like the fact that the device
> connects to the computer via a USB connection, but the software seems to
> want to talk to a serial port.  I'll get it working somehow.

I have a Regulator Pro Gold, and it has a serial port as well as a USB
port. I could be mistaken, but I think the serial cable is just a plain
old serial cable.

I had NUT working with that UPS for a couple years using the serial
cable with nearly zero effort. I tried once or twice to hook it up via
USB, but I never did get the software to do anything useful.

--
Samuel Merritt
OpenPGP key: http://meat.andcheese.org/~spam/spam_at_andcheese_dot_org.asc