2004 Jan 30 00:41

Re: [vox-tech] Virus deluge

På torsdag, 29 januari 2004, skrev Karsten M. Self:
[...]
> : *after* '0' indicates a lockfile.  Any rule that writes to a file
>     _should_ use a lockfile.  Rules which invoke a program '| command'
>     or delivery '! address' _don't_ need a lockfile.

Note that no lock file is needed or desirable when delivering to a maildir
(maildirs are so designed that they require no locking). Recent versions of
procmail understand a trailing slash on a mailbox name to mean that it is a
maildir. Procmail will create a non-existant maildir on the fly.

> For more information:  man procmail; man procmailrc; man procmailex

These man pages are excellent---much more readable than the standard terse
man page. The last named is a page of examples.

--
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key: