2004 Jan 27 13:47

[vox-tech] exim and smtp smarthost

Hi, this question probably won't take much time to answer, as I'm sure
at least a few of you have the exact same setup...

Since I can't even email my own mother (!) sending mail from my dynamic,
blacklisted IP address, I'd like to use my ISP's SMTP smarthost to send
my email to the world. I run exim on Sid. I tried using eximconfig,
choosing option 2 ("...Outgoing mail is sent using a smarthost.."). It
seemed to ask all the right questions, but my test emails vanish. I
tried uncommenting each of the three types of client-side authentication
at the bottom of /etc/exim/exim.conf (and exchanging "username" and
"password" with the correct data) without any luck.

My ISP is SBC Global Yahoo .net.. .com, or whatever.

Like I said, hopefully someone has the exact same setup. :)

-Bryan