2004 Jan 26 09:21

[vox-tech] REPOSTING Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

[vox-tech] REPOSTING Radeon 9600 pro + red hat 9 + gnome

 Hello Folks
 I just started using linux 2 days ago and i am a little bit lost. I have
 a 9600 pro and red hat 9 installed on my system.  I tried to install
 9600 pro drivers from ati to my red hat following a "how to". The last
 command i gave was rpm -i -force filename. Then i cant get startx to
 work (gnome).

 I get the following messages when i type startx at prompt:
 (EE) Unable to locate /open config file
 (EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

 Fatal error:no screen found.

 My kernel is 2.4.20-8