2004 Jan 22 07:56

[vox-tech] extracting more deb package info

[vox-tech] extracting more deb package info

I installed Debian via Morhpix (like Knoppix, but I choose a Gnome
version).  Now my wireless card finally works... whooohooo!

Anyway...  The install came with some "experimental" packages that made it
hard for me to use apt-get.  I kept have dependency problems.  I've gotten
rid of most of these expermental packages by downgrading to their
equivalent in the testing distribution.

I'd like to know if I have any more of these experimental packages left on
my system...

Is their a way to print out a list of all the packages I have
installed with an indication of which distribution the package came from?

I found dpkg -l, but that doesn't give me enough info.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charles