January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 19 09:48

Re: [vox-tech] I'm setting up a DNS server...

Re: [vox-tech] I'm setting up a DNS server...

William Perdue wrote:

It's my first time setting up a DNS server and I bought a book to help..... in the line

@ IN SOA @ root.localhost (

is the "root.localhost" part where you would you replace that with the name of the DNS server?

correct, you should replace it with the authoritative name server. You define it's real ip address down in the zone file like you have here below.

and then there's a

; servers
atlas IN A 192.168.1.255
www CNAME atlas