January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jan 16 15:13

[vox-tech] OT: Dell C600-series laptops

This is *kind of* on topic actually -- if I get the subject Dell C640
laptop, linux is going on it ... well ... maybe ...

... but ... from talking to people over the last day, I've heard references
that C-6?? series Dell Latitudes have a problem with their power supply
flaking out.  (I'm assuming this is a component on the mainboard, not the AC
adapter you plug in to the wall.)

 - Anyone else on-list hear this particular rumor?
 - Anyone on-list know how easy (or terrifying) it is to change out the
power supply on your own?  I've checked the techdocs at support.dell.com,
and haven't found a reference to the unit in the exploded diagrams

Thanx!