2004 Jan 13 14:41

Re: [vox-tech] linux machine for grandma

Re: [vox-tech] linux machine for grandma

On 2004.01.12 19:22, Dave Margolis wrote:
[SNIP]
Any other suggestions? How about some kind of mechanism to auto- mount
drives? I know some exist... KDE provides a floppy and cdrom icon that
all you have to do is single-click on them, and they will mount, and
open the root directory of that drive's current disk. This requires
adding 'user' or 'users' to the options for that device in fstab, and
everything else is handled by KDE. Ejecting requires a
right-click-eject or right-click-unmount. I think I can explain this to
my mother-in-law, but any easier suggestions are welcome.

Anything else to make this the easiest to use box possible?
Use the supermount patch to the kernel. I don't know where it is in
Slackware, though.