2004 Jan 12 15:56

[vox-tech] Providing access to SSH on Kiosk?

[vox-tech] Providing access to SSH on Kiosk?

Okay, I had a feeling this would be asked, but I didn't realize it would
only take a few DAYS for someone to ask it... :^)

Is there an easy, safe way to let people SSH out of a kiosk (e.g., the one
I set up in Chamonix over the weekend)?  e.g., for folks who prefer to
connect to their ISP (or UCD) server and run Mutt/Pine/etc. to check e-mail.

I obviously don't want to just give away a bash prompt. :^)  I guess
an "xterm -e ssh $user@$host" (with those being asked via a KDE kdialog or
something) might do.

Before I accidentally punch a gaping hole in the box, though, I thought I'd
ask for suggestions here. ;^)

Thx!