2004 Jan 11 15:33

[vox-tech] strange problems with cdplay

 hi-

i have used cdplay on my pc running debian linux without any problems....
however when i try it on an older mac (7100/80) running the same version of
debian i get these kind of errors:

dylan@surf:~$ cdplay
cdplay: ioctl cdrommsf

dylan@surf:~$ cdvolume 128
cdvolume: CDROMVOLCTRL ioctl failed

however: cdown, and cdir (cd track lookup functions) work just fine.

dylan@surf:~$ cdown
tracks 11 150 22485 34198 48583 63215 93605 112470 131588 142805 148818
163860 3063
cdname Hammersmith: Dallas Wind Symphony
artist Holst
track Suite #1 in E-Flat: Chaconne
track Suite #1 in E-Flat: Intermezzo
track Suite #1 in E-Flat: March
track A Moorside Suite: Scherzo
track A Moorside Suite: Nocturne
track A Moorside Suite: March
track Suite #2 in F: March
track Suite #2 in F: Song without Words
track Suite #2 in F: Song of the Blacksmith
track Suite #2 in F: Fantasia on the "Dargason"
track Hammersmith, Prelude and Scherzo

i know that the sound system is working because i can play mp3s on this
machine....

does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be going on here?

thanks in advance,

dylan

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."