2004 Jan 06 16:16

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody sources for openoffice

Re: [vox-tech] debian woody sources for openoffice

This will happen if you don't run `apt-get update` to update the package lists to list the current versions of software that are on the server. This copies the package lists to your hard drive.

This is a separate step from actually upgrading or installing software, because when you're installing and uninstalling lots of software you don't want to download the lists from the server every time (they're about 10 megabytes in aggregate), and apt can't work with the packages lists when they're on the internet.