2004 Jan 06 07:48

Re: [vox-tech] email notification tool

sure thing --

actually i am thinking about embedding the basic stamp along with some other
goodies into the figurine -- and inserting LEDs into its hands, and perhaps
even drill out its eyes and put 2 more there...

i will take some pictures when it is ready-

dylan

on 04.1.5 3:25 PM, Dave Margolis at margolid@ecs.csus.edu was reported to
have writen:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, dylan wrote:
>
>> as ridiculous as this might sound -- i would like to put an LED in the hand
>> of a small figurine that lights up when i have email -- i would be sending
>> serial commands via shell scripts to a Basic Stamp in order to toggle the
>> LED..... i know pretty dorky...  :)
>
> I don't think that sounds dorky - sounds like a cool idea (but maybe I'm a
> big dork).  Please post how you did it (and maybe some pictures) if/when
> you get it working.
>
> Dave

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein