2004 Jan 05 15:26

[vox-tech] email notification tool

hi-

i am looking for a software package, if one exists, that would execute an
arbitrary script when email arrives, or is present in my Maildir folders.

something kind of like biff - but that would be able to handle Maildir
format, and that would execute a script instead of modifying the terminal
window.

as ridiculous as this might sound -- i would like to put an LED in the hand
of a small figurine that lights up when i have email -- i would be sending
serial commands via shell scripts to a Basic Stamp in order to toggle the
LED..... i know pretty dorky...  :)

Thanks in advance,

Dylan