2004 Jan 03 08:11

Re: [vox-tech] Belkin wireless pcmcia F5D6020 ver. 1

Re: [vox-tech] Belkin wireless pcmcia F5D6020 ver. 1

You don't wanna just force the voltage since it probably requires more
than just a different voltage.  What you wanna do is to patch the kernel
with the proper patch.  If the card has been around for a while, there's
probably a patch somewhere on the Internet, and it'll do all the right
things like setting the correct voltage along with whatever else that's
necessary.  Good luck!

-Mark

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

> I've been trying to get a Belkin pcmcia wireless card working,
> specifically F5D6020 _ver. 1_, in my wife's Sony laptop.  Note: I know
> that the card's chipset is supposed to be Prism 2.  The F5D6020 _ver. 2_
> has an Atmel chipset (which I have running in my laptop).  We purchased
> these at the same time and didn't notice the different "versions" until
> we got them home...
>
> Anyway, when I plug the card in there is no beep.  cardctl ident shows
> "Realtek", "Rtl8180", which is clearly not correct.  In fact, that is
> the internal modem hardware!  Curiously, lspci gives "Ethernet
> controller: Belkin: Unknown device 6020 (rev 20)".  I didn't think
> pcmcia hardware should show up with lspci at all.  Finally, cardctl
> config shows 3.3V  After some (extensive) googling, it seems that this
> card should run with 5.0V.
>
> Is there anyway to force 5.0V for this card?  Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Jonathan

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius