Re: [vox-tech] Help sending mail (newbie)

Re: [vox-tech] Help sending mail (newbie)

The trouble with Linux is that it can do so much that it is
overwhelming at first, but the more I learn the cooler it is.
It seems that the MAIL command can do just what I wanted.
I can use it to read, compose as well as send mail locally.
Pine even pulls mail from the default mbox. It even sends
files with the command line;

mail name@localhost < filename

This may be old news to most but I think is just a cool as
it gets. As for sendmail that looks like something a newbie
probably should not be messing with.

The problem now is how to send the mail over my little
local network. The network seems to be configured correctly
and I can ping back and forth between machines. The
problem is that the mail is not going through. It gets sent
to the spooler  but does not proceed from there.  I don't
understand, if it works locally it should work between two
machines. I must be missing something.

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Ken