Re: [vox-tech] Suspending a process by PID

Re: [vox-tech] Suspending a process by PID

Nicole,

That (from the shell) would look something like this:

  kill -SIGSTOP 1159

(where 1159 is my PID)

To start the process back up:

  kill -SIGCONT 1159

If you're trying to call the same thing from a C program:

  kill(pid, SIGTSTP);(where pid is an int = to some PID)

This requires the following:
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <signal.h>

Dave