Re: [vox-tech] FTP Problems - Now Resolved

Re: [vox-tech] FTP Problems - Now Resolved

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

if you could connect ok, log in ok, dir ok, get ok, but couldn't put ok,
i was betting on permissions or disk space.
Permissions was the first thing that crossed my mind, and the first thing I checked. It seemed odd, since I had so carefully set up the permissions on this server, but I was willing to consider it.

Disk space also crossed my mind, but a quick check showed that there was no problem there.

can you describe what the resolution was?  i can't imagine why a
firewall rule would cause a 5xx error.  it would be a good opportunity
for me to learn something new.  can you ask him what the deal was?
He's being strangely reticent on that. I asked him, and he said, "Let's just say I forgot something, and leave it at that." I know that he was using the same rule that he used for students to log in to one of our other servers, replacing the incoming IP address with my own IP address, and the server's IP address with the one I wanted to get to. I'm guessing that he simply forgot to put in the appropriate IP address somewhere.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford