Re: [vox-tech] FTP Problems

Peter Jay Salzman said:

> and got a whole bunch of things which might point you in the right
> direction.  most of the documents seem to indicate that the 550 error
> indicates something liek "file not found", "file busy", "you don't have
> access to the file", "invalid permissions", etc.

None of these seem to apply.

> just so i understand: you...
> 1. start the ftp client
> 2. open a connection to the server
> 3. enter a username (like "ftp" or anonymous")
> 4. enter a password (like your email address)
> 5. the second you enter your password, you get the error 550?
>
> can you be a bit more specific when you say "attempting to connect to a
> remote server"?

Ah, sorry if I was confusing.

I can connect fine.  I can execute "dir" to get the remote directory, and
I can "get" files with no problem.  It is when I try to execute "put" that
the problem occurs.

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore