[vox-tech] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

[vox-tech] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

I've got my department's Oracle 9i database running happily on Solaris 9,
but I would like to be able to connect to it from home.  I've installed
TOra on my desktop at home, but that appears to be inadequate.  Port 1521
is open on our department's firewall to my home network, so I should be
able to get in.  And I can tel-net in and run SQL*Plus from the command
line just fine.

Anyone know what I'm missing?  Is it possible to do this without
installing all of the Oracle database software on my box?  I certainly
have the room for it, but it's still something I'd like to avoid....

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore