Re: [vox-tech] CSS question: hover above an <A> tag

Re: [vox-tech] CSS question: hover above an <A> tag

   a {
      font-weight: bold;
      color: rgb(62, 62, 183);
      background-color: transparent;
      text-decoration: none;
      padding: 2px;

      /* added: */
      border-width: 2px;
      border-style: clear;
   }

It works under Mozilla, anyway.  For a funky effect, try putting a
background image into a:hover section of the CSS.  You can even animate it
with a GIF.

-Mark

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i have this in my style file to put a colored background and border
> around <A> links when the mouse hovers above the link:
>
>    a {
>       font-weight: bold;
>       color: rgb(62, 62, 183);
>       background-color: transparent;
>       text-decoration: none;
>       padding: 2px;
>    }
>
>    a:hover {
>       color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
>       background-color: rgb(153, 153, 204);
>       text-decoration: none;
>       border-width: 2px;
>       border-style: solid;
>       border-color: #000000;
>    }
>

> and i like the effect a lot.  the problem is that when the mouse hovers
> above the link, a little extra space is added around the link, and it
> reformats the paragraph slightly.
>
> here's an example:
>
>    http://www.dirac.org/p/test.html
>
> how do i avoid the extra space from reformatting the paragraph?
>
> thanks!
> pete
>

> --
> Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler.  -- Albert Einstein

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/
Xanga: http://www.xanga.com/vindaci