January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] while we are on the subject of IE...

Re: [vox-tech] while we are on the subject of IE...

Dylan,

> does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this (besides the
> obvious IE bugs...? ) -- or any ways to prevent this from happening? so
> far i have been advising people to use mozilla or firebird (better
> browsers anyways...)

Did you use some kind of tool to write this code, or is it hand-written?

In either case (but especially the latter) I recommend starting by
validating your code:

http://validator.w3.org/

I tried running your site though the validator and got a slew of errors
because your doctype is not properly set.

It is quite possible that IE is having problems with perfectly valid
HTML.  IE has a history of not dealing well with the SELECT tag, which
you are using extensively.

It's rarely been the case in my experience that IE won't render properly
validated code.  It doesn't always do a good job, but it generally
produces at least a recognizable output. (-:

Jonathan.