[vox-tech] CVS and Apache: Not playing nice with each other

[vox-tech] CVS and Apache: Not playing nice with each other

I'm trying to get cvspserver running on my system (RH 8).  I added this
line to my /etc/xinetd.conf file:

cvspserver stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/bin/cvs cvs
--allow-root=/usr/local/cvs pserver

then issued:

# /etc/init.d/xinetd restart

...which seemed to work okay.

Then I tried to check my e-mail, which I do with SquirrelMail... and when
I did so, I got a ton of fputs() errors delivered up to my screen.

So I removed the line from xinetd.conf and restarted xinetd, then
restarted httpd, and things worked fine again.

I tried inserting the line into xinetd.conf again, restarting xinetd and
then immediately restarting httpd, but got the same errors.

I've checked _Open Source Development with CVS_ and a few websites that I
Googled on cvspserver and xinetd, and I'm pretty sure I haven't messed up
anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore