Re: [vox-tech] mutt, email, usb mini storage, dvorak...

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:24:54PM -0800, Jonathan McPherson wrote:
> Questions for the group:
>
> 1. Many of you like and use the Mutt email client. (I typically use it
>    myself, but am having some exim problems, so I'm on webmail at the
>    moment).  In Mutt, what is the best way to look at one e-mail while
>    replying to another?  I often need to do this, and it's a pain to have
>    to save the mail as a draft and later resume it.  Another way might be
>    to run two instances of Mutt (I use GNU Screen heavily, so this is
>    easy to do in a single terminal), but that seems wasteful, not to
>    mention short-sighted; what if I want to look at _two_ other emails?
>    ... It would be really cool if I could have Mutt's "compose" open the
>    editor in a new Screen shell.

You might google around to see if there's some trick to doing this. I
was experimenting by changing $VISUAL to "screen vi", and it didn't
work. (Mutt just decided that when "screen vi" exited that the file
still hadn't been modified, and the "screen" portion will exit as soon
as a new screen is created.)

I use ^Z to suspend the editor and then I fire up another instance of
mutt, and then use job control features to switch between them.