Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

> Actually, I am using Mozilla/Netscape for my email client now.  The
> option "delete from server when moved from inbox" is not satisfactory,
> although it helps.  I like to move my stuff to folders for organization,
> but I still want those emails on the server for when I check my mail
> from another machine.

Ah yes, I forgot about that... IIRC if you use filters to sort your mail,
it doesn't get deleted. (I know it's not the greatest solution, but it
always worked for 98% of my mail)

>> I'm stuck away from my computer at the moment, so I can't install and
>> check, but I belive I'd used that feature in either CronosII or
>> sylpheed.
>
> I think I tried Sylpheed, and it didn't have what I wanted.  I'll check
> again with the latest release.  It seems CronosII might be an abandoned
> project (last date of activity is summer 2002).

Well, it'd been about a year since I'd touched a GUI mail client ;)

You might also check Sylpheed-Claws. It's the bleeding edge branch. IIRC,
it's developed seperately from Sylpheed, but they merge changes between
the two regularly.

I can't believe it's so hard to find this feature in a Linux mail
client...Of course I've never really found a GUI client I liked anyways.
If I knew a language other than perl, I'd be temped to write my own.