Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

Rob Rogers wrote:
There is one pop email client feature I value a great deal:  the option
to keep mail on the server _until deleted locally_.  This is extremely
useful when checking email from more than one computer.  The email
clients I know of that do this correctly are Outlook Express, Eudora,
and Calypso.  Mozilla and Netscape do it partially ("delete from server
when moved from the inbox").

I have done exhaustive searches for a Linux supported email client with
this feature, and have found none.  Does anyone know of any?

I know that IMAP email is another option. However, not all email servers
support it, and I find it to be slower and less stable than pop.

Well, to start with, Mozilla and Netsacape are both available for
Linux...
Actually, I am using Mozilla/Netscape for my email client now. The option "delete from server when moved from inbox" is not satisfactory, although it helps. I like to move my stuff to folders for organization, but I still want those emails on the server for when I check my mail from another machine.

I'm stuck away from my computer at the moment, so I can't install and
check, but I belive I'd used that feature in either CronosII or sylpheed.
I think I tried Sylpheed, and it didn't have what I wanted. I'll check again with the latest release. It seems CronosII might be an abandoned project (last date of activity is summer 2002).

Jonathan