Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

Re: [vox-tech] "delete from server when deleted locally" for pop email clients

> There is one pop email client feature I value a great deal:  the option
> to keep mail on the server _until deleted locally_.  This is extremely
> useful when checking email from more than one computer.  The email
> clients I know of that do this correctly are Outlook Express, Eudora,
> and Calypso.  Mozilla and Netscape do it partially ("delete from server
> when moved from the inbox").
>
> I have done exhaustive searches for a Linux supported email client with
> this feature, and have found none.  Does anyone know of any?
>
> I know that IMAP email is another option. However, not all email servers
> support it, and I find it to be slower and less stable than pop.

Well, to start with, Mozilla and Netsacape are both available for
Linux...And if you don't want to install all of mozilla, They have
seperated out the browser and mail components now. Check out
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

I'm stuck away from my computer at the moment, so I can't install and
check, but I belive I'd used that feature in either CronosII or sylpheed.

Lately I use mutt or SquirrelMail (web based) more than anything, but I
had always thought that was a pretty standard option. Maybe because I
spent so many years using Netscape.