RE: [vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

RE: [vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

I am not sure what you mean by this.  I am not using APM at the moment and
have all its features disabled in the Kernel.  I am using ACPI instead.  Are
they direct replacements for one another?  I was under the impression that
they were very different.

> Do you use KDE or Gnome?
> The place to look would be in /etc, on Red Hat it is located in
> /etc/sysconfig/apmd and /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/

I am using Gnome when I have to use X.  I poked around a little in gnome and
could not really find something similar when I was disabling the screen
saver.  The apmd service is currently not running and is not set up to start
with the computer (located in /etc/init.d/ ).

> If you use KDE you can reset this behavior in Control Center - Power
> Control -
> Display Power Control.  I assume you may have activated this and not known
> the consequences.  Read the apmd file referenced above and the apmscript
> file
> found in apm-scripts directory... or something like it as I am not that
> familiar with gentoo filesystem structure.

Thanks,

Dan