Re: [vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

Re: [vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2003 08:32:18 -0800 Daniel Hurt <dwhurt@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

Greetings,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2600 Laptop and I recently noticed a feature
that is quite annoying and cannot figure out how to turn it off.  When
working in the console, about every 5 minutes or so, the console will
go to sleep.  The only way to wake the display back up is to switch to
tty7 where the X-Windows session is running and then switch back to the
terminal that I was working on.
Just a guess, but check your X screensaver settings. Maybe display power management is being activated and shutting off the video hardware.

--
"Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan Parsons

Kenneth Herron Kherron@newsguy.com 916-366-7338