[vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

[vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

Greetings,

I have a Dell Inspiron 2600 Laptop and I recently noticed a feature that is
quite annoying and cannot figure out how to turn it off.  When working in
the console, about every 5 minutes or so, the console will go to sleep.  The
only way to wake the display back up is to switch to tty7 where the
X-Windows session is running and then switch back to the terminal that I was
working on.  It seems to me that the computer does not recognize that the
keyboard is being used and so sleeps the monitor to conserve power, but this
happens even when the laptop is running on AC power.  Also, it seems that if
I am switching between consoles (tty1 - tty6) it does not go into sleep
mode.  Once it is in sleep mode, however, only switching to tty7 will wake
the screen back up.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a solution to this problem or a feature
that I can disable.  I work most of the time in the console, and so it is
really quite frustrating to have to have the screen blank out on oneself
every 5-10 minutes.

Thanks in Advance,

Dan Hurt

System Specs:
Gentoo Linux
2.6.0 Kernel
Possibly Relevant Kernel Options Enabled:
- ACPI Support Enabled
	- AC Adapter
	- Battery
	- Button